Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Tag, I'm it!

I just got tagged for the very first time, thanks to Original Content. The meme going around wants to know what I'm reading. What I should be reading is new books for summer reading book talks, but I haven't gotten my act together on that yet. So at the moment, the books I'm reading or which are next on my To Be Read pile are:


Such a Pretty Girl by Laura Weiss

I couldn't find any other blog for her, but Weiss is posting on Amazon. You can also see a Q & A with her on Simon and Schuster's site. The tagline is "They promised Meredith nine years of safety, but only gave her three." Imagine being molested by your father and having your mother welcome him back with open arms when he gets out on parole. This is a pretty chilling book. Why am I trying to read it before I go to bed at night?

At work (well, at lunch) I'm reading Wide Awake by David Levithan, the book that makes Decent a bad word. I can't wait to blog about this one when I'm done. I have little pieces of paper sticking out from at least a dozen pages. The first gay Jewish president and a stolen election. Kansas is the new Florida. Oh, what am I saying? I'm sure this is one of those books where the author didn't take a thing from real life.
::koff::

On my way to and from work I'm listening to Marley & Me by John Grogan. And actually, this one is for a summer reading booktalk (for the local high school). To be honest, I wouldn't be reading it (listening to) it otherwise. I'm not much of an animal person, and I'm especially not a dog person. But it's enjoyable and a good book to listen to while driving.


Next up: The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield because so many people are talking about it, especially on the Adbooks Yahoo Group. Most of them really liked it, but a few of them have said it didn't live up to the hype. I'm hoping it does.

And for those of you who might be wondering, books that I finished in the past two weeks and plan to/hope to review soon: Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson (right up there with Speak), The Hand of the Devil by Dean Vincent Carter (truly creepy and another I shouldn't have been reading at bedtime!), A Drowned Maiden's Hair by Laura Schlitz (loved it, great for upper elementary and middle school girls), Harmless by Dana Reinhardt (this is another book I can tag "words are teeth"), and The Nature of Jade by Deb Caletti (love Caletti and liked the book, but I'll keep suggesting HBS first).

And I tag... I don't know! Who reads this blog? I have a handful of subscribers and some casual readers, but I don't know who any of them are! Who wants to be tagged? To Be Continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Something you'd like to say in response? Feedback is welcome! Just keep it on topic, please. And if you found one of my booktalks and used it, I'd love to know how it worked for you.