Monday, November 10, 2008

This and That

This is a great time of year if you're a book lover. I've read several in the past month (already blogged about) that were terrific reads. In the past week, I've read three more that were also excellent, along with a couple that didn't reach that height but were still enjoyable. I hope to post about them all very soon, but I'm feeling swamped! And I've got a dozen more on my to-be-read list, several of which I have very high hopes for. It's a feast of books!

One of the books that just came in that I won't be blogging about separately is The Sorcerer of the North by John Flanagan, book 5 in the Ranger's Apprentice series. I enjoyed this one every bit as much as I enjoyed the rest in the series. But arggh!!! It ends smack in the middle of the adventure! But it is good to see Alyss again. She got lost in the shuffle during the first book. From the looks of things, she's going to be sticking around this time.

A shout out to Lauren Myracle and her fans who have made their way here because of a post on her site. Thanks for visiting. I hope you like what you see and come back for more. And on that same note, I've just got to say that it's a thrill when I discover an author has visited my site and appreciated what I wrote about his/her book. (It's not nearly as much fun when the author doesn't like what I wrote and writes to tell me so, but fair's fair. If I can have my say, they can have theirs.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Something you'd like to say in response? Feedback is welcome! Just keep it on topic, please. And if you found one of my booktalks and used it, I'd love to know how it worked for you.