Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Citing book titles - an answer

In a very recent post, I asked for a source that indicates how titles should be displayed on the web. I just browsed again and found http://www.bedfordstmartins.com/online/cite7.html, which says:

When composing Web documents, avoid underlining. Instead, use italics for titles, for emphasis, and for words, letters, and numbers referred to as such. When you write with programs such as email that don’t allow italics, type an underscore mark _like this_ before and after text you would otherwise italicize or underline.


So, okay, I'm going to run with that. Goodbye, <> and < /u >!

I realize few people really care about this, but it's been bugging me for a long time now. As a librarian, I should have been able to find my answer faster and more easily than I did, and I'm just glad to have it settled. And now I'm finally going to start writing about Marcelo in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Something you'd like to say in response? Feedback is welcome! Just keep it on topic, please. And if you found one of my booktalks and used it, I'd love to know how it worked for you.