Saturday, March 22, 2008

Someday This Book Will Be (Fill in the Blank) to You

Someday This Pain Will be Useful to You by Peter Cameron
4Q 3P S

Lots of librarians, reviewers, and bloggers are falling in love with this book. I confess that I remain at the same distance from it that its main character, James, stays from every other person in his life except for his grandmother. And that's at a pretty significant distance. I just couldn't fall in love with it in the same way that so many others have. But I do acknowledge that it's well written and I think it may be very popular with some teens, particularly those who like books like Perks of Being a Wallflower and Rats Saw God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Something you'd like to say in response? Feedback is welcome! Just keep it on topic, please. And if you found one of my booktalks and used it, I'd love to know how it worked for you.